Monday, March 25, 2013

"I don't want to go home!!!!"

We don't have kids, but we do have an almost 3-year-old niece that I absolutely adore!!  We love to have our family over for get-togethers, and I want our niece to enjoy these times, too, as well as any other young children who may come over.  So I keep a small basket of toys, books, and crayons in the family room.
 

 
Our niece goes right for the basket when she comes over, and we play hard the whole time she is here.  I'm usually exhausted by the end of the evening, but these are some of my favorite times.


My family came over recently to celebrate a birthday, and my niece, as usual, had a great time.  We ran around the house with a birthday balloon, played with the squeaky toy eggs, drew pictures on the Magnadoodle, and read a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book.  When it was time to leave, my niece complained emphatically, "I don't want to go home!!!!!"  Isn't that the perfect response from a guest?  I hope all of our company enjoys being here so much that they are sorry to see the get-together end.

No comments:

Post a Comment