Sunday, March 31, 2013

Decadent and Delightful

My husband and I love Olive Garden's Black Tie Mousse Cake.  It is probably our favorite restaurant dessert.  So for Easter dinner, I made a copycat recipe that I found at http://kldh.blogspot.com/2011/04/aprilbirthday-cakes.html.  It wasn't hard to make, but it has a lot of steps and was very time consuming.  It was a two-day process, freezing the cake after the third layer.  Although it was a lot of work, it was fun to make because each layer was different--chocolate cake on the bottom, then chocolate cheesecake, then Italian mousse, topped with chocolate ganache with white chocolate swirls, chocolate mousse frosting piped around the edge and a "crust" of mini chocolate chips.  It was delicious and was a huge hit at our Easter dinner!  If you're a chocoholic like me, you should definitely try this one!





1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I would not want to share it with anyone else.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete